Re: rebasing new packages?!

Chuck,

On Thu, May 02, 2002 at 08:45:28PM -0400, Charles Wilson wrote:
> however, it shouldn't be terribly difficult to refactor it away from STL
> and just use "basic" libstdc++ stuff, right?  I mean, Jason didn't go
> absolutely template-crazy, did he?

No, actual my (initial) rebase patch does not use templates at all.

BTW, while I was flying to CA on a business trip a few weeks ago, I
started to refactor my free_list and used_list classes to use a (STL-like)
set template class.  I was doing pretty good until I got to iterators...

Nevertheless, every minute that I spent on reimplementing STL
functionality just felt plain wrong.  There is no way that I could
(re)implement anything close to the quality of an STL container class.

Jason