RE: URL paths in setup.exe

cygdrive value. ;) file:///d:/foo/bar.txt should be the
>win32 mechanism.

: has special meaning in url's, which is why MS and netscape use | to
represent : for file:// URL's.
As for /d|/ , the leading / is irrelevant, the d| makes it absolute
regardless. Relative URL's don't actually have a scheme, but they only
have meaning in a given context, so we need to stretch the standard a
little.

> file://d/foo/bar.txt is definitely relative to the current working
directory.

Yeah, that's the way I see it, but the URL spec doesn't :[. So we need a
compromise, because it's us developers who need to understand whats
going on easily.

Rob