setup.exe (from CVS) reporting Download Incomplete, Try Again?

Sorry if this has already come up (there's been a great deal
of mail regarding setup lately):

I have a setup.exe built from CVS, and when I recently tried
to download all of the packages into my local directory, I got
"Download Incomplete, Try Again?". Of course, trying again did
no good. ;-)

A little investigating revealed that this was affecting the
following three files:
 diff.tar.gz
 gperf.tar.gz
 m4.tar.gz

All of these packages (in fact all of the packages) had been
installed on my machine already. However, I had installed the
files from another source and had moved my local copy of the
tar files. I got this error when I tried to "Reload" them to
my local directory. No other packages (including the -src's
for these packages) had any problems.

I was able to work around the problem for "diff" and "m4" by
Uninstalling the package and then Downloading to the local
directory only. After that, I was able to install from the
local directory.

However, for gperf, I tried uninstalling the package and then
reinstalling directly (i.e., Install from Internet). In this
case, setup got into a state where I couldn't install the
package or even download it to the local directory (I got the
"Download Incomplete, Try Again?" message), and I couldn't
Uninstall it again either.

However, after copying gperf.tar.gz into my local directory
by hand, I could reinstall it from the local directory.

I haven't verified whether this is a problem with the official
setup.exe.

-Jerry

-O Gerald S. Williams, 55A-134A-E   : mailto:gsw@agere.com O-
-O AGERE SYSTEMS, 6755 SNOWDRIFT RD : office:610-712-8661  O-
-O ALLENTOWN, PA, USA 18106-9353    : mobile:908-672-7592  O-