QUESTION: How to start up PostgreSQL within CygWin?

Hello people!

I have downloaded and successfully installed CygWin, which would let me
start up a PostgreSQL Server.
Maybe I'm missing some step or misunderstood the install instructions, but
after issuing the initdb command the CygWin hangs after the successful
creation of Postgres folders.

The command issued was:

$ initdb /usr/local/pgsql

The output was:

The files belonging to this database system will be owned by user "xxx".

Fixing permissions on existing directory /usr/local/pgsql... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/base... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/global... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/pg_xlog... ok
creating directory /usr/local/pgsql/pg_clog... ok
creating template1 database in /usr/local/pgsql/base/1...

At the last message shown on screen (creating template1...) the CygWin hangs
and doesn't respond unless do Ctrl-Alt-Del and kill the process.
Any help or clue will be very wellcome :-)
TIA

Regards
--
 José Luis Otermin