Re: New SGML/XML packages

While I was very pleased to see the announcement of the SGML/XML packages
(XML and SGML processing is actually my primary use of Cygwin), I also have
a few reservations about the packaging.

DSSSL and XSLT stylesheets:
Different versions of stylesheets might need to co-exist, in my humble
experience. Not easy with this directory layout.

docbook-sgml-4.1, docbook-xml-4.1.2:
Why bundle various DocBook versions into one package? They do not depend on
each other. How do you intend to release forthcoming DocBook 4.2?

sgml-base-1.01, xml-base-1.1:
A bit messy. How are these resources related? If somebody wanted to add
another bit, how would you release that?

Please note that the effort to make a directory layout for XML and SGML part
of the LSB [1] is now continued. There's a mailing list [2]. The latest
proposal is, I believe, at [3] (and it was sorely lacking wrt. XML). By the
way, the Debian distribution differs in a number of details [4].

[1] http://www.linuxbase.org/spec/refspecs/LSB_1.1.0/gLSB/book1.html