Installation of X with setup.exe was Re[8]: setup.exe and inuse files for X

Ok, yesterday I've installed X with setup.exe and ended up with a lot
of filename.new files under /usr/X11R6/ and some other dirs. I took
a look at setup.log and saw this:

2002/05/15 11:26:13 Failed to open cygfile:///usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xman.help for wr
iting.

.. and many others like this. Obviosly I wasn't looking very sharp at
the log file since I choose a wrong direction when looking how to fix
the problem. Today after some bunch of messages I sent to the list, I
decided to grep the setup source for the message printed in the log
file. It appears only in archive.cc:

    io_stream::remove (destfilename);
    io_stream *tmp = io_stream::open (destfilename, "wb");
    if (!tmp)
    {
      log (LOG_TIMESTAMP, String ("Failed to open ") + destfilename + " for writ
ing.");
      return 1;
    }

Ok what's wrong here is that io_stream_cygfile::remove doesn't do the
SetFileAttributes() trick when calling DeleteFile ().

I was looking in the wrong place, package_meta.cc in
packagemeta::uninstall. However these  code was never executed,
because X was never installed on my PC with setup.exe, but
with the old method for installing X.

Sorry, for spamming the mail list :(