Re: libpng dependencies

Christopher Faylor wrote:

> You know, I could modify upset so that you could do something like:
>
>   requires: cygwin1.dll cygpng10.dll
>
> without too much effort.

as opposed to 'libpng10' (the package which contains cygpng10.dll)?

Mebbe.  I know that rpm auto-computes that kind of dependency.  But in
the case of libpngX, it's a one-to-one mapping.  For other packages,
where package 'bar' contains 'cygbar.dll' and some import libs and some
executables and some headers, it might be helpful.

I dunno.  It's up to the people who *depend on* libpng.  As for my
packages, when I write the requires: line, I just check what package
contains the dlls I need and put it in.

Oh, but your version would auto-update the dependency (so that the
correct *package* is chosen) based on where the dll is.  In case some
tomfool library maintainer goes and restructures his packages.  Ummmm,
nobody here but us mice...

> Would this be worthwhile?

Yes, given the auto-correcting behavior it would bestow.

--Chuck