aalib-1.4.0 ready for review/upload [was: Re: [ITP]: aalib-1.4.0]

Greetings,

The packages for aalib are finally ready for review and upload!  I used
 method #2 for packaging and building.  I have made some modifications
and split the packages into a core and runtime library version per the
advice of Chuck.  The packages are:

aalib
libaa0

Although this is mostly a console application library, there are some X
applications which use it, so I have also linked against the X11 runtime
library.  There were some variables which were auto-imported at
link-time, but they don't seem to be causing any issues, as the tests
work fine.  Note that I also generated the source tarball from CVS
sources, due to the fact that I found fixes in the CVS that I liked and
the fact that the latest releases were all release candidtates.  The
problem was they were all 1 year old!  The author is at-large, so future
development on this project may be slow.  Finally, I have included both
static and shared libraries, so if you prefer static, besure to link
with the -static flag when using gcc.  I have attached the readme for
your reference.  For a sample of what this library can do, go to:

http://aa-project.sourceforge.net/gallery/holecek.html

Here is where to get the packages:
http://today.clemson.edu/cygwin/release/aalib/setup.hint
http://today.clemson.edu/cygwin/release/aalib/aalib-1.4.0-1.tar.bz2
http://today.clemson.edu/cygwin/release/aalib/aalib-1.4.0-1-src.tar.bz2
http://today.clemson.edu/cygwin/release/aalib/libaa0/setup.hint
http://today.clemson.edu/cygwin/release/aalib/libaa0/libaa0-1.4.0-1.tar.bz2

Here are the setup.hints:

<aalib>
category: Graphics Libs Text
requires: cygwin ncurses libaa0 XFree86-bin
sdesc: "A graphics library for ascii art rendering - programs, docs, and
development"
ldesc: "AA-lib is a low level gfx library just as many other libraries are.
The main difference is that AA-lib does not require graphics device. In
fact, there is no graphical output possible. AA-lib replaces those
old-fashioned output methods with powerful ascii-art renderer.  AA-lib
API is designed to be similar to other graphics libraries."

<libaa0>
category: Graphics Libs Text
requires: cygwin ncurses XFree86-bin
external-source: aalib
sdesc: "A graphics library for ascii art rendering - runtime"
ldesc: "AA-lib is a low level gfx library just as many other libraries are.
The main difference is that AA-lib does not require graphics device. In
fact, there is no graphical output possible. AA-lib replaces those
old-fashioned output methods with powerful ascii-art renderer.  AA-lib
API is designed to be similar to other graphics libraries."

Cheers,
Nicholas

aalib
A graphics library for ascii art rendering

Runtime requirements:
  cygwin-1.3.10 or newer
  ncurses
  XFree86-bin

Build requirements:
  cygwin-1.3.10 or newer
  gcc-2.95.3-5 or newer
  binutils-20011002-1 or newer
  ncurses
  XFree86-bin
  XFree86-prog

Canonical homepage:
  http://aa-project.sourceforge.net

Canonical download:
  <none> Use CVS server from above webpage

------------------------------------

Build instructions:
  unpack aalib-1.4.0-X-src.tar.bz2
  (if you use setup to install this src package, it will be
  unpacked under /usr/src automatically)

  cd /usr/src
  ./aalib-1.4.0-X.sh all

This will create:
  /usr/src/aalib-1.4.0-X.tar.bz2
  /usr/src/libaa0-1.4.0-X.tar.bz2
  /usr/src/aalib-1.4.0-X-src.tar.bz2

Files included in libaa0-1.4.0-X:
  usr/bin/cygaa-0.dll

Files included in aalib-1.4.0-X:
  usr/bin/aainfo.exe
  usr/bin/aatest.exe
  usr/bin/aafire.exe
  usr/bin/aasavefont.exe
  usr/bin/aalib-config
  usr/lib/libaa.dll.a
  usr/lib/libaa.la
  usr/lib/libaa.a
  usr/include/aalib.h
  usr/man/man1/aafire.1
  usr/man/man3/aa_attrs.3
  usr/man/man3/aa_autoinit.3
  usr/man/man3/aa_autoinitkbd.3
  usr/man/man3/aa_autoinitmouse.3
  usr/man/man3/aa_close.3
  usr/man/man3/aa_createedit.3
  usr/man/man3/aa_currentfont.3
  usr/man/man3/aa_defparams.3
  usr/man/man3/aa_defrenderparams.3
  usr/man/man3/aa_displayrecommended.3
  usr/man/man3/aa_dithernames.3
  usr/man/man3/aa_drivers.3
  usr/man/man3/aa_edit.3
  usr/man/man3/aa_editkey.3
  usr/man/man3/aa_fastrender.3
  usr/man/man3/aa_fonts.3
  usr/man/man3/aa_formats.3
  usr/man/man3/aa_getevent.3
  usr/man/man3/aa_getkey.3
  usr/man/man3/aa_getmouse.3
  usr/man/man3/aa_gotoxy.3
  usr/man/man3/aa_help.3
  usr/man/man3/aa_hidecursor.3
  usr/man/man3/aa_hidemouse.3
  usr/man/man3/aa_image.3
  usr/man/man3/aa_imgheight.3
  usr/man/man3/aa_imgwidth.3
  usr/man/man3/aa_init.3
  usr/man/man3/aa_initkbd.3
  usr/man/man3/aa_initmouse.3
  usr/man/man3/aa_kbddrivers.3
  usr/man/man3/aa_kbdrecommended.3
  usr/man/man3/aa_mmheight.3
  usr/man/man3/aa_mmwidth.3
  usr/man/man3/aa_mousedrivers.3
  usr/man/man3/aa_mouserecommended.3
  usr/man/man3/aa_parseoptions.3
  usr/man/man3/aa_printf.3
  usr/man/man3/aa_putpixel.3
  usr/man/man3/aa_puts.3
  usr/man/man3/aa_recommendhi.3
  usr/man/man3/aa_recommendhidisplay.3
  usr/man/man3/aa_recommendhikbd.3
  usr/man/man3/aa_recommendhimouse.3
  usr/man/man3/aa_recommendlow.3
  usr/man/man3/aa_recommendlowdisplay.3
  usr/man/man3/aa_recommendlowkbd.3
  usr/man/man3/aa_recommendlowmouse.3
  usr/man/man3/aa_registerfont.3
  usr/man/man3/aa_render.3
  usr/man/man3/aa_resize.3
  usr/man/man3/aa_resizehandler.3
  usr/man/man3/aa_scrheight.3
  usr/man/man3/aa_scrwidth.3
  usr/man/man3/aa_setfont.3
  usr/man/man3/aa_setsupported.3
  usr/man/man3/aa_showcursor.3
  usr/man/man3/aa_showmouse.3
  usr/man/man3/aa_text.3
  usr/man/man3/aa_uninitkbd.3
  usr/man/man3/aa_uninitmouse.3
  usr/man/man3/mem_d.3
  usr/man/man3/save_d.3
  usr/info/aalib.info
  usr/info/aalib.info-1
  usr/info/aalib.info-2
  usr/info/aalib.info-3
  usr/share/aclocal/aalib.m4
  usr/doc/Cygwin/aalib-1.4.0.README
  usr/doc/aalib-1.4.0/
  usr/doc/aalib-1.4.0/README
  usr/doc/aalib-1.4.0/COPYING
  usr/doc/aalib-1.4.0/README.OS2
  usr/doc/aalib-1.4.0/ChangeLog
  usr/doc/aalib-1.4.0/INSTALL

------------------

Port Notes:

Please be sure to visit the following page for info on howto "tune"
aalib for maximum performance on your machine:
http://aa-project.sourceforge.net/tune/

----- 1.4.0-1 -----
=Changed -version-info to 0:1:4
=Added checks for cygwin to make the runtime links work
=Removed the macro "HAVE_ST_RDEV" since it is not used anywhere in the code
=Updated libtool to use 1.4e
=Updated configure scripts to use autoconf 2.5x and automake-1.6.1
=Initial release

Please  send questions or comments to the Cygwin mailing list at:
cygwin@cygwin.com
If you want to subscribe go to:
http://cygwin.com/lists.html

I would appreciate if you would use this mailing list rather than
emailing me directly.  This includes ideas and comments about the
setup utility or Cygwin in general.

Cygwin port maintained by: Nicholas Wourms <nwourms@netscape.net>