Re: libiconv

Christopher Faylor wrote:

[Cleaning out my mailbox]
On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 06:50:16AM -0400, Nicholas Wourms wrote:

Now you can link gcc against libiconv ;-).

FWIW, I hope I have done this.  I added the libraries in the hopes that
the gcc configury would find it.  How do we determine if it worked?

Well, it's obviously not linked in dynamically (which is probably good -- I think we want gcc to be static, except for cygwin1.dll). However, begin a dumb american, I can't think of anyway to test it since I never really learned how to deal with i8n issues (toldja I wasn't the best guy to maintain libiconv...)

I wonder if our japanese users could test this out for us?

Otherwise, I think you're going to have to look thru your build log (you did pipe build output to a logfile, right? <g>)

--Chuck