Re: [ITP] libungif-4.1.0-1

Steven's 'mkdll.sh' script is just plain wrong. libungif is a libtoolized package, you should just relibtoolize.
Problem is.. what is libtool? 0=)
Well one of the reasons why I work on cygwin is just to learn... I guess it is time to do some google:libtool and go finding a FAQ/manual about it
(grrr, www.gnu.org is down... I hope libtool manual's mirror at www.delorie.com is fresh enough)

Whoa, 950kb instead of 9k patch?

Now I understand fully all those messages "relibtoolized source package" vs "libtoolize in the script"... I think I prefer the latter, the patch is much cleaner and the user that wants to rebuild the package just needs to install things, doesn't need any special knowledge.

I posted it some time ago when Harold thought he had more time -- I thought you were basing your version on that, rather than using Steven's mkdll.sh.
I didn't notice about that, I am now restarting from scratch, using your advice.

BTW, you can also relibtoolize glib (and probably gtk) in a similar way.
I'll try after libungif.

Did I mention that I *really* dislike that mkdll.sh script?
Uh.. heard something like that... once or twice in the present message ;)

OK, I prepared the package using "aclocal && libtoolize --force" at the beginning of the "conf" phase.
Only difference from the past package is that instead of usr/bin/cygungif.dll it creates usr/bin/cygungif-4.dll, is this normal/expected?

--
Lapo 'Raist' Luchini
lapo@lapo.it (PGP & X.509 keys available)