Re: libtoolize and glib-1.2.10 [Was: [ITP] libungif-4.1.0-1]

Nicholas Wourms wrote:

A) FWICT, he isn't running autoheader/automake/autoconf, which means configure is not being regenrated.

Yes, I pointed that out in another message.

B)He could try adding AC_LIBTOOL_WIN32_DLL right before AM_PROG_LIBTOOL in configure.in, which should tell configure that building dlls is "OK". However, I will note that the end result is "undefined symbol Win@Main16" %50 of the time.

This symbol is deprecated in the -devel- versions of libtool.

C)Can you help him by referring him to the best documentation for the whole process? I would try, but I learned mostly from trial and error. (A howto for cygwin really should be written...).

I know, I know -- I've been promising to rewrite that section for a while. I'll get to it eventually.

The best "documentation" is probably my dllhelpers package on cygutils.

D)As I have told you on countless occasions, I use autoupdate to get me started. I then 'diff -u configure.in~ configure.in' to see what it changed. After evaluating what it changed, I will then go in and hand edit/revert anything else. This method works quite well in that autoupdate 99% of the time does all the busywork for me, leaving it to me to fix up any special cases or macros.

Yep, that's what I meant.

--Chuck