RE: ITP: dpkg

Until Redhat make cygwin CD's available in my local bookshop for a
similar price to RedHat linux CD's, I don't care. It doesn't make sense
for the native unified format to be rpm on the sole basis of RedHat
purchasing Cygnus Solutions.

> >3) In case there is any doubt: I am not trying to make the cygwin net
> >distribution over in debian's image. If I wanted to do that,
> I would be
> >contributing my time to the debian-w32 port effort. I'm
> simply trying to
> >get my favourite packaging tool available for my use, and
> share it with
> >others if they want it.
> >
> I should hope not, what with their glacier-like release schedule...

Yep. However, 8000+ packages is enough to give anyone pause.

> >Feedback welcomed
> >
> I'm certain you know where I stand...

Actually, I don't. You've made some opinionated statements, but not
argued any particular case so far. I'm assuming you love rpm|loath dpkg
or something like that.

Rob