Re: Diffs for setup.exe unattended mode

===
----- Original Message -----
From: "Harry Johnston" <harry@scms.waikato.ac.nz>
To: <cygwin-apps@cygwin.com>
Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2002 3:49 PM
Subject: Diffs for setup.exe unattended mode

> Hi,
>
> Attached are diffs to provide a basic unattended mode in setup.exe.
Let me
> know if they need to be in a different format, or if I should be using
CVS
> (I might need a hint or two though).

It looks good overall. You should be using CVS to generate diffs, so
that you are generating against the latest code. Have a look at the
http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin-apps/setup.html page for CVS info
(follow the pointers) and if you need further assistance let me know.

Your patch looks like it was done against CVS though - so I'm not quite
sure of your query about CVS.

> -R directory
>
> Specifies the root installation directory.  (The long option is --root
but
> long string options don't currently work.)

Huh? In what sense don't they work?

> 3) The big one: there is no way to specify which packages to install.
You
> can only install the default set.  This won't be quite as easy to fix,
> suspect it will need someone familiar with the package management
> system.  It will probably also be necessary to extend the command line
> options code to support multi-valued options.

Yah, such a framework is on my TODO. I've implemented it adhoc (gotta
love C++ inheritance) a couple of times now, and have a generic layout
in mind.

Thanks for doing this, I'll review it properly in the next day or two.

Cheers,
Rob