Re: profile package

On Wed, 2002-07-31 at 12:14, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 12:02:49PM +1000, Robert Collins wrote:

> >so it should depend on it - even though the package is there to help
> >bash.
>
> ash also accesses /etc/profile.  So we'd be introducing a circular
> dependency.  Does every package with a postinstall.sh script rely on ash
> now?  I guess they should, but it feels silly to me to have to do this
> in this case.

Circular dependencies aren't necessarily incorrect. It simply binds the
group of packages together. Setup won't allow uninstallation as there is
no UI for resolving such things (there is the beginnings of this in HEAD
though).

I agree it feels slightly silly, but... this uses ash, and the user can
deselect ash if they want to...

Rob