RE: procps-010801 package

> >Ok, anybody looked into this and/or votes for inclusion?
> >
> >Corinna
> >

> I've checked it out, and it installs fine.  I'd be wary about using a
> lowercase "c" in /usr/doc/cygwin [should be /usr/doc/Cygwin], but I
> think someone already mentioned this.  After installing, I tried some of
> the utils on WindowsME running the latest cvs-built dll.  "procps" works
> fine except for the HZ warning message which was previously discussed
> [Unknown HZ value! (0) Assume 100.].  "top" displays the processes, but
This message should not appear.

> every process stat is 0.   I can't remeber if this was already
Every process stat is 0? Can you be more specific?

> discussed.  The free/used system memory statistics are accurate,
> though.   The source package is ok, but it would probably be a good idea
> to include the build instructions (however obvious they may seem) in the
> CYGWIN-PATCHES dir.  Still, IMHO, these utilities are core to cygwin and
> efforts to integrate with the default ps would be nice.  Cygwin is
> sorely in need of a good top utility, so this one gets my vote.  I
> certainly can't ever remeber being on a *nix box without top & friends.

I guess you're running Windows 98. Most of the /proc stuff doesn't work on
Windows 98 and you will see the errors you described above.
I've just tested the package with latest CVS and 1.3.12 on Windows XP and it
works fine on my machine.

Chris