RE: FW: top and other /proc utilities available for Cygwin

> [snip]
>
> > If the values you are seeing in the procps utilities don't look like
the
> > ones on your Linux box, this is probably an indication of a bug and
> > should be reported to the cygwin-apps mailing list.
>
> Chris, I've reported this to the cygwin-apps list but got no response
at
> all. Take a look below - the SIZE colum seems wrong, while the RSS is
> reported exactly as it is reported by Task Manager.
First of all, just to point out, this is a bug/issue with the /proc
fhandler, not a problem with the procps package.

I took a look at this and, yes, the SIZE value doesn't tally with the VM
Size value in Task Manager. The SIZE value you see in top is actually
derived from the VirtualSize member of the VM_COUNTERS structure
returned by NtQueryInformationProcess (..., ProcessVmCounters, ...). The
VM Size value in Task Manager would appear to come from elsewhere.

According to the top manpage, the SIZE value is "The size of the task's
code  plus  data  plus  stack space". So the present value is clearly
not correct, the problem is finding out where to read the correct value
from.

Chris