Re: Package review status

Pavel Tsekov wrote:
On Wed, 18 Sep 2002, Ryunosuke Satoh wrote:

The binary package looks OK. I'm not a doxygen user and I don't know how to test it :) So I've just run the executables to see that they are working.
I've been pretty busy, but I'll definitely look at it more closely as soon as I can. Things that we should test for is support for Cygwin's native latex/pdftex/ghostscript.

However I noticed something - the binary is built using the included libpng. Cygwin has libpng as a package in the net distribution. Isn't it better to link against that ?
Getting doxygen to link against it is a PITA b/c of the TrollTech makefile mess that it uses for building. Still it is possible, IIRC.

You're passing D_WIN32 together with D__CYGWIN__ when building. This is kind of strange. I suppose D_WIN32 will trigger usage of native Windows constructs rather than Posix ones. Btw you don't need to pass D__CYGWIN__ because the compiler already defines this symbol for you.. Well, unless it isn't undefined somewhere in the source. Please, comment on this.
This is *very* concerning and something I did not have a chance to look at closely when I first made comments on this package. FWIW, I actually ported doxygen about a month ago. It was quite a pain, because Dimitry has WIN32 and _WIN32 ifdef's littered throughout the source code. This is a "bad" thing, because we don't want doxygen mixing the POSIX api with the w32api [as it can and will result in runtime conflicts]. I had a very unproductive chat with Dimitry in an attempt to explain why using WIN32 ifdefs was bad [The old Cygwin != Mingw issue]. Long story short, I located every WIN32 ifdef and added !defined(__CYGWIN__) where necessary. This is *required* to use Cygwin's teTeX/Ghostscript implimentation. I can't recall, but I believe this was also necessary to make sure doxygen implicitly used POSIX path naming conventions. Needless to say, it wasn't easy. The only reason I was holding off was because I was planning to release it with the Doxywizard right after I released QT-2. Since someone else is doing it now, I will try to work with him on this. When I get some free time, I'll dig up my patches and see what may (or may not) need to be done to Ryunosuke's release. Meanwhile, if anyone knowledgable in Doxygen (Stipe?) could please test this release in building latex/pdf/postscript documentation, that would be great. My main concern is to make sure that people aren't required to have a separate install of Ghostscript/w32 and fpTeX in addition to any Cygwin native versions. I hope this doesn't seem too demanding on my part :-(. Also, if these issues were resolved by Ryunosuke, then please disregard this commentary.

Cheers,
Nicholas