Re: Doxygen

On Sun, 29 Sep 2002, Ryunosuke Satoh wrote:

> Hi
>
> Making doxygen package completed!
>
> http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley-SanJose/5153/cygwin-package/doxygen-1.2.18-1-package.tgz
>
> including binary,source,setup.hint.
>
> Please check!
> It can make tex and html output.
> (But without doxywizard, I don't use doxywizard.)

I've just verified that. Can you please give a short summary of the
changes between this package and the previous one ?

>From what I can see the issues from
described in http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2002-09/msg00106.html
are not fixed. I.e. the usage of -D_WIN32 along with -D__CYGWIN__. This
issue is important - are you sure that this is the right way to build
doxygen for Cygwin ?

Also, have you tried to build against the Cygwin libpng package ?

The setup.hint file lists bison and flex as required packages. Is this
really so ?

> Note: the patch file is very big (900kb), because of my editing eps file.

I noticed that you've changed the makefiles, isn't it better to change the
Makefile.in files instead ? You have made the following changes to the
makefiles:

-CFLAGS =   -pipe -Wall -W -fno-exceptions -O2
-CXXFLAGS=  -pipe -Wall -W -fno-exceptions -O2
+CFLAGS =   -O
+CXXFLAGS=  -O

Is this necessary ? -fno-exceptions for example is useful since it will
decrease the size of the executable. Any special reasons to remove it ?