Re: Doxygen

On Sun, 6 Oct 2002, Ryunosuke Satoh wrote:

> Updated.
> http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley-SanJose/5153/cygwin-package/doxygen-1.2.18-1-package.tgz
> CHANGES:
>        link     (-Lpng.dll)
>        removed _WIN32

Good! :) I've downloaded the latest package earlier today and gave it a
try. It seems to behave well - as far as I can tell and I am not a doxygen
user. I've tried some of the tests (not all) from /usr/doc/doxygen-version/exmaples/
and they seemed to produce the html docs. However one of the tests
complained that the 'dot' program is not available. I understand that
this 'dot' is some utility from a package called 'Graphviz'. I don't know
what it is used for and if it is something that doxygen depends heavily
on.

The source package also seems ok to me. Btw, I played a bit with it and
managed to get the doxygen size to be reduced to 3MB - see below:

doxygen from the binary package
-rwxr-xr-x    1 paveltz  Nessuno   5391872 Oct  6 02:34 usr/bin/doxygen.exe

doxygen compiled with -fno-exceptions and -fno-rtti
-rwxrwxrwx    1 paveltz  Nessuno   3079168 Oct  6 15:00 doxygen-1.2.18-1/bin/doxygen.exe

So I think adding these two options to the list of flags passed to g++
would be useful.

> I'm not certain the "requires" line is correct.
> libpng12 or libpng12-devel?

libpng12 is what you want i.e. the runtime part of libpng.