The UID of cygwin packages for installation

Please excuse my ignorance on this issue,
I am a very happy user of cygwin, and would like to port more packages
to cygwin.

I have tried to find this information in the documents
http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/
There is much information about the file permissions an ntsec, but no
guidelines for package authors and installations.
I guess I could try and use the netsec package, but what If I want to
build packages under win95/98?

This is also an issue with cross compilation, how can I change the
package to be root for installation on another (GNU/Linux)machine?

I am using cygwin as an Adminstrator of my own win2k machine,
and have installed it myself. I am able to install packages and modifiy
the files that would normally under GNU/linux would be not accessable.

All my files are created under "Administrator(500)", this is the root.

My question is : is there any need to set the uid to 0 when creating
packages like under debian.
Is there any need to do any more setting of uids for files?
I have been trying to port the fakeroot program to cygwin, it compiles
and crashes. As far as I can tell, I dont need it. At least not to set
the uid of the files to anything special.

Can someone please point me in the right direction on this, and please
excuse my ingorance.

Thanks,

Mike

=====