Re: Pending packages status

On Mon, 11 Nov 2002, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> > Have you checked the thread in the 'notes' field for that package ? I'm
> > not sure that if it should be uploaded.
>
> Yes, I did, and I mulled over it a bit.  As far as I understood it,
> the new package doesn't introduce a new regression.  It's just not
> clear if it solves a specific problem.  Hmm, did I get something
> wrong?

I don't think so :) My point is that it wasn't clear if the patch is
actually necessary with latest Cygwin and if it wont hide some Cygwin bug.
>From the announcement one also can see that this patch is the only
difference to 2.5.5-1.

Btw from the original announcement that Lapo made, I see that he suggested
'a "test" period'  though I dont know if this should be interpreted that
the package should be marked 'test'.