Re: Uncompilable setup.exe... again

Yann Crausaz <yann_crausaz@bluemail.ch> wrote:

> I'm trying to compile setup.exe under cygwin (CVS tag:
> cygwin-1-3-12-1;

Are you saying that you are using a self-built Cygwin DLL? Setup (now) lives
in a seperate cvs repository, and is in no way related to particular Cygwin
versions.

> I followed  the instruction of the page http://www.cygwin.com/cvs.html to
get the
> latest versions of setup (among others...).

"Among others..." sounds worryingly like youve checked out winsup. Setup
did, at one point in the distant past, live within the winsup tree, but no
longer does.

Have you noted the information at:
http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin-apps/setup.html ?

> Since my version of gcc is 2.95.3-5,

So why not update?

> the first answer of Mr. Max Bowsher
> (http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2002-11/msg00131.html)
> to this question I've put yesterday doesn't fit to my situation...

OK, describe your situation better, and I'll see if I can point you in the
right direction.

> Would someone be kind enough to help me compiling this stuff, step by
> step if possible ???

I will help, but not step by step. I don't have time to explain every step,
when most are pretty simple, but I will attempt to answer specific problems
asked on *this mailing list* (Do NOT send me mail personally).

> PS : Is there a place where I could find the different patches to be
> applied  to setup.exe for its compilation to be possible ?

Well, the theory is that with the instructions on
http://sources.redhat.com/cygwin-apps/setup.html, the code works as checked
out from CVS. And that has been the case, except that setup only recently
was fixed for gcc3.

Good luck...

Max.