doxygen details

Here is a response to Chris' request for a show of confidence in doxygen:

http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2002-10/msg00156.html

It looks like a useful tool. Some major projects are using it, like
libstdc++ (for gcc), rpm, and abiword. It can produce nice source
documentation in html and in conjunction with TeX and tools in pdf,
ps, and other formats.

If the packager is still willing to maintain it, I believe that the
problems are taken care of. I just downloaded the packages
and tested the binaries on the examples included and on a file
of my own. It produces nice-looking highlighted HTML of the source.
I also unpacked the src, built, and ran it through the same tests.
I didn't run "make install" but the Makefile appears ready to
strip the exe's and put them in /usr/bin/ and so on.

The only possible problem would be with the README, which doesn't
list build requirements. However, I'm not sure all Cygwin packages do.
I would prefer that /usr/doc/Cygwin/doxygen-VER.README have something
like:

Build requirements:
  make
  flex
  bison
  perl
  libpng12-devel

Canonical homepage:
  http://www.doxygen.org

Build instructions:
  unpack doxygen-VER-REL-src.tar.bz2
    if you use setup to install this src package, it will be
         unpacked under /usr/src automatically
  cd doxygen-VER-REL
  ./configure
  make

For more details see /usr/doc/doxygen-VER/html/install.html