Re: /tmp

> I assume you mean as a link to a windows temp directory somewhere.
However,
> what if that gets changed by someone?  Suddenly a lot of stuff starts
> breaking, and people start posting here asking why application foo isn't
> working.  The majority of the people are fine with a hardwired /tmp
> directory.  If you're not, make the symlink yourself.

Well see the thing is - I DO - cause I do lots of CVS commits from various
drives - M:, P:, z:, etc...
so depending on where I'm working that particular day I copy the
approrpriate .lnk file to tmp.lnk...
however, setup, when I go and check for new things, likes to make a
directory in /cygwin/tmp which makes my link useless...