RE: nfsd and mountd

> I also tried it, and successfully mounted various exports to
> a few *nix boxs on lan.
> couldnt get in running via inetd but thats probably me, I
> will send the errors if you want though.

Please do.  I tested in standalone mode instead of through
inetd.

> Also my event log is filling rapidly with errors
> such as "Win32 Process Id = 0x724 : Cygwin Process Id = 0x724
> : Unable to setgroups: Invalid argument."
> (also similar ones regarding seteguid and seteuid.)is this expected ?

Grr.  Forgot about that.  Unfortunately, yes...  you should be able
to resolve this by matching up users/groups on the two sides of the
protocol.

> I ran portmap, then mountd and then nfsd from the command line with no
> arguments which worked fine. As services you need to add -F
> as an argument for portmapper and to rpc.nfsd and rpc.mountd
> The commands i ended up using to install were
>  cygrunsrv.exe -I "sunrpc" -p /usr/sbin/portmap -a -F
>  cygrunsrv.exe -I "mountd" -p /usr/sbin/rpc.mountd --dep sunrpc -a -F
> cygrunsrv.exe -I "nfsd" -p /usr/sbin/rpc.nfsd --dep sunrpc -a -F
>
>  It could be an idea to write a script to do this much as
> with Corrina's ssh-host-config or serge's init-config.

I'll add it to the todo list.

> With that said, thanks very much for your work on this, as
> once again cygwin and its developers make my life easier :)

Once more, I'll say that Rico Juinio was one who did a lot of
the initial work.  Give him the credit, and when it breaks,
you can give me the blame :-)

-Samrobb