Re: Unusual request: get bison 1.35 back as prev version

On Tue, Jan 28, 2003 at 12:23:55AM +0100, Volker Quetschke wrote:

>>>Hmm, yes, this just means a: do a cvs checkout for OOO_STABLE_1.
>>>Unfortunately you cannot request such things from "newbies".
>>
>>I'm suggesting a patch file downloadable from your site which they
>It's not my side, I'm just a volunteer.

So am I.

>>would apply with 'patch< file' and then just use the released version
>>of bison to build things. That is, IMO, much simpler than what you're
>>proposing.  There is no cvs or new version of bison involved.
>
>Sigh, <http://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/source/1.0.2/source.html> and
><http://www.openoffice.org/dev_docs/source/build_windows.html>

*You* are going to be providing a bison download right?  Why can't *you*
provide a patch file as well as you can provide a bison binary?

>I don't have any authority in that project, the build of the OOo 1.0.2
>sources is tested with bison 1.35 and current cygwin 1.3.x tools.
>(It's called stable release)

I think you're probably under the impression that there are massive
changes involved in getting .y files to build under the newer version
of bison.  I sincerely doubt that that is true.  I'll bet the patch
file would be minimal.