The state of setup

Christopher Faylor wrote:
> Off the top of my head, there seem to be consistent complaints about
> window size,

Yes. Unfortunately the way setup is written makes it very tricky to
implement resizability.
Gary's patch statically enlarges the chooser - however, that only raises
another issue - it would make setup unusable for people running 640x480. Are
there any?

> the consistent complaints that people have apparently
> "installed everything" but not been able to subsequently run programs,

That would be ntsec. I think your ntsec:nostrict would be a good idea -
that, or turn ntsec off again by default.

> the occasional NULL pointer dereference report,

I'm fairly sure those are gone. Certainly haven't seen one recently.

> the problem where an aborted package download seems to confuse setup.

Don't remember this one?

> There are little things like a help button, or more words at the end
> of installation like "Documenation is located here...".

Hmm - a 'Finished' page. Gary's patch adds one. Maybe some more words should
go on it.

> setup is ok as it stands now
> but, IMO, it is just ok.  I'd love to see active development and more
> snapshots being generated for people to try

If it would be helpful, and you don't mind giving me scp access, I can
upload HEAD snapshots.
Of course, that doesn't help unless there's active development.

Max.