/bin/mv question

Hi all,

Since I'm not on the list, I would kindly ask you to CC me when replying.

I am trying to move(rename) certain directory using /bin/mv command.

Is there any way that I could check if any applications/programs have that
directory or any other files within that directory open, like Windows Explorer
does it ?

What happends when some applications still have open files inside that
directory, part of the directory gets moved(renamed) and the files
that were open stay in that directory and /bin/mv command of course fails.

Thanks in advance,

--
Best Regards,
   Leon.

--
Leon KUKOVEC                        Daisy Technologies Inc.
Phone: +386(0)1 5008 112            Stegne 21c