Re: Proposal: Remove autotool-generated files from setup CVS

Napísané dňa 2003.03.06 13:08, (autor: Max Bowsher):
> Marcel Telka wrote:
> > Napísané dňa 2003.03.05 22:36, (autor: Max Bowsher):

> like

> >> There is already a bootstrap.sh script which does this.
> >>
> >> Robert: Does the order of invocation of automake and autoconf
> matter?
> >
> > $0.02:
> > What about one `autoreconf` call instead of twiddling with
> > autoconf/automake/autoheader/auto... call order?
>
> I don't know. I'm new to the autotools. I've heard it said that
> autoreconf
> used to be unreliable. It seems ok to me, except for one *big* flaw:
> There
> is no way to tell it not to recurse, and we do *not* want to
> autoreconf all
> the subdirectories.

Yes. It recurses to AC_CONFIG_SUBDIRS directories automatically. If you
do not want to descend to libgetopt++, then autoreconf is unusable for
you. IMHO this is not a good idea (no flame please). I'm not watching
then no :-).

Have a nice day.

| Marcel Telka   e-mail:   marcel at telka dot sk  |
|                homepage: http://telka.sk/ |
|                jabber:   marcel at jabber dot sk |