Re: [setup TODO] Proposed reshuffle of items

On Sun, 2003-03-09 at 13:58, Max Bowsher wrote:
> Here is the contents of the setup TODO, and some comments on how I think the
> items should be dealt with.
>
>  * Mirrors list orer is snafued.
> It's the same order as in the release (2.249.2.5) setup. Therefore I propose
> deleting this item, and add "Improve mirror selection" to WISHLIST.

ACK.

>  * Chooser scrollbar sometimes lost with odd font sizes. Seperate message
> sent a
> sking for reproduction method.
> Bug in Windows. Create a Known Bugs section, and explain?

Nope, it's still a TODO.

>  * Don't downgrade if the curr version is <= installed?
> I vote yes.

It's up for debate. I've done my dash on that.

>  * When installing and enough packages default to visible, the RH scrollbar
> is
>    sometimes hidden.
>  * BSOD switching to install mode after downloading lots of software. Was
> anyone
>  ever able to come up with a reproduction method for this?
> I can't reproduce either of these. Delete outright, or create an
> 'Unconfirmed' section?

"Unconfirmed Bugs" section - yes please.

> To WISHLIST.
>  * support rpm/deb files for reading the package from. (To allow the
> maintainers
>  the use of rpm/deb tools to create packages.)

Hmm, this is a TODO IMO.

>  * make a librar(y|ies) for setup and cygcheck to use containing
>    1) Something to translate POSIX -> native.  Currently called "cygpath"
>       in setup, although this is probably a bad choice of name.
>    2) Something to return the list of installed packages.
>    3) Something to return the cygwin mount table.  Currently, I have
> implemented
>       a lightweight setmntent and getmntent using the code in
>    4) Something to parse a tar file name into package/version or
> altenatively,
>       return that information from 2)
>    5) Something to return a list of files associated with a package.

Still a TODO.

>  * Make setup.exe available through Add/Remove

Ditto.

> Remain TODO
>  * Mark versions as prev/curr/test in the GUI when clicking through them.

ACK.

>  * Remove *empty* directories on uninstalls
>  * Correctly overwrite -r--r--r-- files.

These two need to be reviewed - I think we do them already.

>  * Going back, changing the local cache dir, and going forward again does
> not co
> rrectly reparse inis in the new dir.
>         Reproduction: Choose an incorrect cache dir, go back, correct it.
> Choos
> er shows all packages in Misc.
>  * "compress_bz::error called" appears in the log every time a package is
> instal
> led, even if everything works. Reproducability: 100%.
>  * Cancelling during MD5 check just stops the GUI updating until the check
> compl
> etes, and then continues with setup as if Cancel had not been clicked.
>  * Toggling from All Default to All Install takes *way* too long.

ACK.

> To FIXED
>  * Sometimes packages set to 'Keep' appear in the 'Partial' view. I(Max)
> have se
> en this myself from time to time, but can't duplicate it on demand. Can
> anyone?
>  * Setup not properly realizing that versions are unavailable, leading to
> "Canno
> t open (null) for reading".

Are they both fixed, or just the second?

Rob
--
GPG key available at: <http://users.bigpond.net.au/robertc/keys.txt>.