grace Review (Re: Pending packages status)

Volker Quetschke wrote:

>> date   : 25 Nov 2002
>> version: 5.1.10-1
>> status : not reviewed
>> notes  : http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2002-11/msg00322.html
>> votes  : 2 (Lapo and Robert)
>
> I updated to grace 5.1.12, the new urls are:
> ~   http://www.scytek.de/cygwin/grace-5.1.12-1.tar.bz2
> ~   http://www.scytek.de/cygwin/grace-5.1.12-1-src.tar.bz2
> ~   http://www.scytek.de/cygwin/setup.hint

I've never used grace, but it's a pity for a package to have votes but no
review, so I thought I'd take a look at the packaging.

Here are some issues I found:

You say "* No patches necessary." in usr/doc/Cygwin/grace.README, but you do
patch examples/Makefile and examples/dotest

/usr/grace/gracerc.user will be overwritten on uninstall/upgrade. Based on
the comments in it, that might be ok, but it might be nice to add an extra
comment indicating this.

I don't think changing the default editor to nano is right. I think you
should leave it alone, and everyone can set GRACE_EDITOR to their own
preference. I certainly don't think grace should depend on nano.
[Yes, I am a vim addict]

There is some html documentation in the source package. How about installing
it?

Max.