Re: /etc/setup/setup.cfg ?

On Mon, 10 Mar 2003, Max Bowsher wrote:

> Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

> >> But why bother?
> >> Max.
> >
> > To make the file user-editable.
>
> More code / little benefit. The average user won't ever need to edit this.
> The non-average user can cope with the lines being forced into particular
> order.
> Max.

Max,

I'm less concerned about the lines themselves, and more about associating
comments with lines.  How would you like it if you edited the file, put
some comments in it, and then found that *all* your comments were, for
example, bunched up at the start of the script?  Either we disallow
comments, or we keep the order, IMO.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu

Oh, boy, virtual memory! Now I'm gonna make myself a really *big* RAMdisk!
  -- /usr/games/fortune