RE: Pending setup patches (issue 10)

On Sat, 15 Mar 2003, John Morrison wrote:

> > Still, I strongly favour reliability over speed in this case.
>
> It takes longer than that over a network :(
> Which is how cygwin is installed at work.  Don't get me wrong, md5sum
> is something which needs doing, just (IMHO) not necessary *each* time
> the file is accessed.  On download would be fine for me :)

Btw currently setup exits *silently* if something is wrong with the
MD5 sum when doing local install. It exits before the chooser is shown.
I think this is quite nasty and can confuse the user alot. Maybe this is
good to be fixed before the final release is out. Maybe there are other
places when setup exits without notification too.