Re: zsh and MC was Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: mc-4.6.0-1

On Fri, 21 Mar 2003, Pavel Tsekov wrote:

> I found the reason. Now I should think about a fix :) I have something in
> mind but will take a day or two and maybe a discussion on the MC
> developers list.
>
> However here is short description of the problem for those interested.

[snip]

Ok, I've raised the question on the MC developers list. It appears
that this is a known problem. From the MC's TODO list:

"Don't read prompt from the subshell, because it's unreliable.  Interpret
environment variable MC_PS1 (or PS1) in the same way as bash."

I think the message is quite clear. So, I wonder if I should disable the
controlable with a command line option ? Any opinions ?

Otherwise I just have sit down and hope that there is not a large number
of people, which use "strange" prompts and MC :)

Of course there is no need to worry until I don't solve the "subshell
stays after MC exits" problem, because there is no subshell now :)