Re: postinstall w/dependencies snapshot.

On Sun, Mar 23, 2003 at 12:14:36PM +1100, Robert Collins wrote:
>On Sun, 2003-03-23 at 12:04, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
>> On 23 Mar 2003, Robert Collins wrote:
>> > Well IMO yes it's obsolete. As I originally said, I consider the package
>> > dependency ordering solution both the permanent and sufficient solution.
>> > I always considered script dependencies short term, but if there are
>> > still issues (now that the package dependency solution is 'doing the
>> > right thing') I'm happy to discussion addressing that by either script
>> > depends or tweaks to the package ordering....
>>
>> Did we solve the issue of update_info_dir being run last?  Otherwise, I
>> don't think there are any outstanding issues.
>
>Thats not an issue AFAIK. It's easy to make happen now - Someone just
>needs to offer Chris a patch for the update_info_dir script to have the
>packages needing help listed in it's requires: clause. Then setup will
>naturally run it after all of them. Note: update_info_dir has *never*
>run last, since it was first introduced.

I'm pretty sure it ran last when I first tested it.  I haven't been
testing it throughout the setup.exe development process, though.
However, unless packages are creating .info files on the fly, I don't
see why it matters if it runs last.  .info files which are created on
the fly wouldn't be caught anyway.