Re: Repairing erroneous move of setup-200303 branch tag

On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 09:01:53AM +1000, Robert Collins wrote:
>Max Bowsher wrote:
>
>>I request cvsadmin membership so I can continue the cleanup from this
>>stage,
>
>I can't grant this (unless it's a cvs repository specific thing)..
>
>Can you work with a local copy of the modules and sync it up afterwards?

Wait.  What is the motivation for this change?  Shorter version numbers?
How did we get in this state?  Why not just check out a fresh version of
setup, create a branch, and then check in the contents of the current
branch?  Or check out a version based on a given date and then create
the branch.