Re: Proposal to add a2ps to cygwin

On Fri, 11 Apr 2003 David_Hudson at capgroup dot com wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I use a2ps 4.12 with cygwin and I would like to become the maintainer of
> the package and add it to the distribution. It's under the GPL.
>
> Since this is my first cygwin package, I went with an older version of a2ps
> (v4.12) because it builds out of the box.  I had some minor problems with
> the latest version, but plan to create a cygwin package once I get a little
> more experience with the process. I have read the Cygwin Package
> Contributor's Guide and already created a package  that is ready for
> upload.
>
> Here is my draft of a setup.hint file.
> ------------------------
>
> # a2ps-4.12 setup.hint
> sdesc: "Formats files for printing on a PostScript printer."
> ldesc: "Formats files for printing on a PostScript printer.
>
> The format used is nice and compact: normally two pages on each physical
> page, borders surrounding pages, headers with useful information (page
> number, printing date, file name or supplied header), line numbering,
> pretty-printing, symbol substitution etc. This is very useful for making
> archive listings of programs or just to check your code on the bus."
>
> category: Text
> requires: cygwin groff
>
> ---------------------------
> Thanks
> David Hudson

David,

A couple of things:
1) a2ps 4.13 also builds OOTB (or did for me back in September, with gcc 2.95)
2) where are the package files?  All I saw in your message was the setup.hint

Irrespective of the above, this has my vote.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu

Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty.
  -- Leto II