Re: ctags 5.5-2

On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 12:39:10PM +1200, Simon Liddington wrote:
> Darren has asked me if I could tell him to make a cygwin package so that he
> could distribute one. From what I understand of cygwin this isn't normal,
> packages are distributed through the cygwin site/mirrors. Is there a way to
> get setup to install/uninstall a standalone package?

Hmm, I don't think that's a really good idea...

> Maybe he would like to become maintainer for cygwin, that would be pretty
> ideal really. Shall I just point him to my files and the package
> contributors page on the website?

If he wants to maintain his stuff as part of the Cygwin distro, that would
be great, of course.  But otherwise it's not too much work since ctags
runs mostly flawlessly so it's pretty much just packing it up.  If you
still want to be maintainer, I'd appreciate it.

> http://pop3check.sourceforge.net/cygwin/ctags/ctags-5.5-3-src.tar.bz2
> http://pop3check.sourceforge.net/cygwin/ctags/ctags-5.5-3.tar.bz2
> http://pop3check.sourceforge.net/cygwin/ctags/setup.hint

Uploaded.  Please send an announce to cygwin-announce at cygwin dot com in a
few hours.

Thanks,

Cygwin Developer                                mailto:cygwin at cygwin dot com
Red Hat, Inc.