[BUG] in Setup (was: Re: A Bug ?)

On Wed, 16 Apr 2003, Stepan Yakovenko wrote:
>   I've just downloaded all packages to a single directory:
>   ftp%3a%2f%2fftp-stud.fht-esslingen.de%2fpub%2fMirrors%2fsou.com%2
I'll assume you used Setup to do that?

>   I run setup on the other machine (with no internet) and get
>   error message attached.
I think you'll need to be a bit more specific than that.
please read http://www.cygwin.com/problems.html
and tell us
* what you did, step-by-step
* what kind of system you're running on
* what version of Setup you're running
* when you got the attached message

>   Is there any detour to get setup.exe working ?
Depends on what went wrong :)

>   Where should I report this bug ?
as per: http://cygwin.com/lists.html
on cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com, it says:
Here's the one exception: This mailing list is the preferred location for
design discussions and bug reports regarding cygwin's setup.exe program,
although such discussions may occur on the cygwin mailing list, as well.
The setup program is found in the  cygwin-apps/setup directory.

I've cc'd the two lists concerned by this mail (cygwin at cygwin dot com
and cygwin-apps at cygwin dot com) - the first because it's where you sent
the message, the second because it's where it should go. As the second is
a subscribers-only list, either any subsequent discussion will have to
stay on cygwin at ... or you'll have to subscribe to cygwin-apps at ...

I also renamed the subject so the people who are behind Setup (which I am
not - I'm just another user) will be more enclined to read it. (See
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html for reference)

HTH

rlc