gcc package idea for consideration.

I am interested/willing (but certainly not overly qualified) in maintaining
gcc.

Infact, my lack of qualifications are to the point where i'm not sure i'm
willing to maintain cygwin branch based gcc package.

So i'm going to propose an idea, just incase it doesnt get shot down.  Or
maybe Chris could convince me that i dont actually need to know anything to
be able to maintain the gcc with cygwin specials package at all.

So my proposal is, a blatant rip off from debian.  I propose a gcc-testing
package.  This package will be taken from gcc cvs (not cygwin/mingw32
branch).  However, unlike debian's gcc-testing package, I would choose the
branch which will have the next official gcc release.  That would be 3.3 at
the current time.  (where as debian gcc-testing is 3.4)
Like the debian package, this package would Not be installed into the /usr
directories.  A /opt approach (assuming /opt is agreeable) would be my
personal choice.  This ensures that users must deliberately add this version
to their paths, so no accidental installs 'why doesnt -mno-cygwin not work'
(actually i would be tempted to add a 'you are using the testing gcc which
does not include -mno-cygwin, remove it from your path if you wish to use
the real one' as a responce to that option)

The purposes of this are:
1. To provide, through package distribution, a very modern gcc.
2. Expand the net of people who test gcc on cygwin.
3. Prove to myself that I can do it ;)

Regards,
Gareth - with a silent ping on aspell-dict package in the tag line of this
email.