Re: PCRE package for consideration

On Mon, 28 Apr 2003, Earnie Boyd wrote:
> Ronald Landheer-Cieslak wrote:
> >>Current libtool (1.5) DOES create DLLs properly. And you get the cyg prefix
> >>for free.
> >
> > It should, but doesn't.
> >
> > I don't know which part of Libtool is responsible for mis-linking the
> > pcreposix DLL, but it does not get linked as it should be, as Gerrit found
> > out while trying.
> Your problem is most likely not libtool but more the dependency on auto
> export that causes the wrong exports from the dll.  To overcome this you
> must explicitly specify what to export from the pcreposix dll.

I don't see how that could be my problem: the generated cygpcre-0.dll
exports the four symbols needed by the cygcpcreposix-0.dll (pcre_compile,
pcre_exec, pcre_free and pcre_info). Libtool could easily have linked the
pcreposix library to the pcre library - and should have done so. I see no
reason why it shouldn't have.

rlc