Re: Intent to package: rpm-4.1

Dario Alcocer wrote:
> Based on some of the recent work of Yann Crausaz[1] and Max Bowsher[2],
> and inspired by a recent comment[3] from Chuck Wilson, I've decided to
> begin once again a project[4] I had proposed nearly two years ago[5]. My
> immediate plan is to start with Yann's and Max's work and deliver an RPM
> package in the next few days that can be installed by setup.exe; this
> also means I'm volunteering to be the maintainer (I hope this is OK with
> Yann and Max.)

No objections here.

> I already have rpm compiling (using the patches developed by Yann and
> Max), and all I have to finish up are the actual packages, setup.hint,
> and write the Cygwin-specific readme.

Just a FYI, attached is my patch for rpm-4.1.1-1 (release candidate).
NB: As well as applying the patch, you *must* also remove the elfutils
directory before configuring.
NB2: This patch changes generated files without making the corresponding
change in their sources. I didn't need to reautotool rpm, so I didn't.

Max.