Re: docbook-xml42, docbook-xsl, xmlto (RE: Pending package status (09 May 2003))

Hi Andreas.

On 2003.05.16 16:23, Andreas wrote:
Hello,

I tested all packages and they installed the things properly.
Everything
runs smooth and their use is straightforward. Some notes about these
packages are below...

Marcel, it would be great if both the dtd and stylesheets would allow to

DTD supports different versions installed. DTD 4.2 is installed in /usr/share/docbook-xml42 DTD 4.1.2 should be installed in /usr/share/docbook-xml412 and so on (there is not yet DTD 4.1.2 packaged for cygwin).

My idea is to support different DTDs (as mentioned above) and only one xsl (current). Is there a reason to support different versions of the XSL installed at the same time? Note: xmlto uses only "current" version of the stylesheets.

have different versions installed. What do you think about a structure
like:
/usr/share/docbook/dtd/{VERSION}
/usr/share/docbook/xsl/{VERSION}

This directory structure looks good for me with one exception, xsl not versioned, so:
/usr/share/docbook/dtd/4.2
/usr/share/docbook/xsl

If this gets some votes (and voices) I'll change the structure in the next package releases.

How would these structure fit for the catalog file? Does it imply to have one centralized catalog file that is updated each time a dtd package is (de)installed?

Where is the problem? One centralized catalog file /etc/xml/catalog looks good for me (as it is done now).

I don?t know if this is a regular review but these packages helped me a lot when processing docbook xml sources to get html and xhtml.

I really want to see this packages in the distro. Here is my vote for
all
three.

Thank you.

Regards.