RE: ITP: proj-4.4.6-1

Charles Wilson writes:

> Ping?  First posted on 8 Mar 03.
>
> --Chuck

Not being a package maintainer I am not sure if I
have the privilige of voting on a package's acceptance
but ... as a bit of background since this package is probably
unfamiliar to most ....

Proj is becoming a standard library in the GIS world
and is required for many projects to include amongst others

1) Geotiff
http://remotesensing.org/geotiff/geotiff.html
2) GDAL
http://www.remotesensing.org/gdal/
3) Grass
http://grass.baylor.edu/
4) VTP
http://www.vterrain.org/
5) OSSIM
http://www.ossim.org/
6) MB-System
http://www.ldeo.columbia.edu/MB-System/

and more

Having libTiff, Proj and GeoTiff available as Cygwin packages
maintained by one person just make sense as these are interrelated
packages :-)

Chuck has volunteered to do this, thanks Chuck, and  hopefully
these will be accepted for inclusion in the Cygwin 'package'
category

Cheers

Norman

> Charles Wilson wrote:
>
> > The PROJ Cartographic Projections library (and utilities) originally
> > written by Gerald Evenden then of the USGS.  It is used by libgeotiff,
> > among other things, for manipulating images of maps.
> >
> > The package consists of 3+1 separate cygwin packages:
> >
> > The main utilities and cartographic transformation data
> > proj-4.4.6-1.tar.bz2
> >
> http://www.neuro.gatech.edu/users/cwilson/cygutils/testing/release
> /proj/proj-4.4.6-1.tar.bz2
> >

> > The import libraries and header files
> > libproj-devel-4.4.6-1.tar.bz2
> >
> http://www.neuro.gatech.edu/users/cwilson/cygutils/testing/release
> /proj/libproj-devel/libproj-devel-4.4.6-1.tar.bz2
> >

> > The runtime library (DLL)
> > libproj0-4.4.6-1.tar.bz2
> >
> http://www.neuro.gatech.edu/users/cwilson/cygutils/testing/release
/proj/libproj0/libproj0-4.4.6-1.tar.bz2