Re: cabextract review (was Re: Pending package status (14 Jul 2003))

On Tue, 15 Jul 2003, Christopher Faylor wrote:

> On Tue, Jul 15, 2003 at 03:16:01PM +0100, Elfyn McBratney wrote:
> >On Mon, 14 Jul 2003, Elfyn McBratney wrote:
> >
> >> @ cabextract
> >>
> >> date   : 27 Jun 2003
> >> version: 0.6-1
> >> status : not reviewed
> >> notes  : http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2003-06/msg00245.html
> >>          http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2003-06/msg00244.html
> >>          http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2003-06/msg00251.html
> >>          http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-apps/2003-06/msg00255.html
> >> votes  : 4 (Abe, Charles, Igor and Jason)
> >> url    : http://tierra.dyndns.org:81/cygwin/cabextract/cabextract-0.6-1-src.tar.bz2
> >>          http://tierra.dyndns.org:81/cygwin/cabextract/cabextract-0.6-1.tar.bz2
> >
> >Jari,
> >
> >I've reviewed cabextract; following are some observations:
> >
> >  1) The source package has the build script named `cygbuild.sh', but as source
> >     packages are extracted by setup to /usr/src , this might get overwritten.
> >     Please rename the script to something like `package-ver-rel.sh'.
>
> Are you saying that this extracts something outside of the source directory itself?
> If so, I don't see any reason to pollute /usr/src with anything other than directories.

No, the 'src' package for cabextract has the build script (`cygbuild.sh'), the
stock source tarball and a patch, all of which would get extracted into /usr/src
like any other package that uses a build script. What's wrong here is that there
might be conflicts if Jari has another package in the distro with the build
script named `cygbuild.sh'

Elfyn

--
Elfyn McBratney, EMCB  |  http://www.nongnu.org/wwwauth/