Re: [Package Update] zsh-4.0.7-1 and test zsh-4.1.1-1

On Thu, 28 Aug 2003, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Aug 2003, Peter A. Castro wrote:
>
> > [snip]
> > One question I have concerning building under 1.5: is it's possible to
> > have two separate Cygwin environments on the same machine?  Installing
> > into two different directories is doable, but the current way of storing
> > mount information in the registry doesn't really allow for this.  So, how
> > does one have both a usable stable and test environment?  I'm guessing it
> > can't really be done (at least not easily).
>
> Well, you could use user mounts and have 2 users, one running 1.3 and
> another 1.5...  You'd most likely have to re-login to switch, though...

Yep, I thought about doing that, but it's very unappealing.  Having to
constantly logout/in just to test under a different cygwin environment
isn't what I'd call an effective multi-user environment :-(

Anyway, I have another way in mind, but it'll take more work to setup and
virtually be two machines sharing a common disk.  Gotta love VMWare !-)

--
Peter A. Castro <doctor@fruitbat.org> or <Peter.Castro@oracle.com>