Re: new package proposal : CLISP

Igor,

> * In message <Pine.GSO.4.56.0309091034270.19356@slinky.cs.nyu.edu>
> * On the subject of "Re: new package proposal :  CLISP"
> * Sent on Tue, 9 Sep 2003 10:43:24 -0400 (EDT)
> * Honorable Igor Pechtchanski <...> writes:
>
> On Tue, 9 Sep 2003, Sam Steingold wrote:
>
> > > Binary package seems good, though it doesn't install cygwin-specific
> > > documentation.
> >
> > /usr/share/doc/clisp/* is all the doc there is.
> > or do you want .../clisp-2.31/?
> > (everyone is different - cygwin/RH, debian ...)
>
> According to <http://cygwin.com/setup.html#package_contents>, a
> Cygwin-specific README is required.  Some maintainers also include
> port notes and other Cygwin-specific information (e.g., package
> contents) in that file (see the generic readme file on the above page
> for an example).  It's probably acceptable to have a one-liner
> referring to the non-Cygwin-specific documentation in
> /usr/share/doc/clisp.

$ ls /usr/share/doc/Cygwin/ | wc -l
41
$ cygcheck -c | wc -l
206

so only 20% of packages supply this cygwin-specific README.

Oh well, I can throw something together.

> > > Source package: it doesn't seems to have any specific instruction nor
> > > a CYGWIN-PATCHES subdir.
> >
> > nothing cygwin-specific is needed.
> > unix/INSTALL is all you need.
> > CLISP builds OOTB.
>
> CYGWIN-PATCHES should contain at least the Cygwin-specific README (see
> above) and setup.hint.

so you want me to keep a separate 7MB source tar file just for the sake
of redundantly redundant identical information already contained
elsewhere.

Oh well, disk space is cheap.

> > > Last but not least, targetting cygwin-1.5.x is now a requirement
> >
> > Oh boy....
> >
> > I upgraded to 1.5.3 last Friday and I cannot _configure_!
> > the configure scripts fail with:
> >
> > ./configure --with-module=syscalls --with-module=regexp --build --fsstnd=redhat --with-module=dirkey --with-module=bindings/win32 --with-module=clx/new-clx --with-libsigsegv-prefix=/usr/local/libsigsegv-cygwin build-O
> > executing /cygdrive/d/gnu/clisp/current/build-O/avcall/configure --srcdir=../../ffcall/avcall --with-module=syscalls --with-module=regexp --with-module=dirkey --with-module=bindings/win32 --with-module=clx/new-clx --with-libsigsegv-prefix=/usr/local/libsigsegv-cygwin --cache-file=../config.cache
> > configure: error: invalid package name: module
> >
> > the cause is an `expr' call which unexpectedly fails.
> > if I add any other `expr' call right before the failing one, it works...
> >
> > advice?!
>
> Umm, sorry, I'm not as configure-savvy as I'd like to be...  Do you
> use autoconf?

yes.

> If so, did you re-run it after upgrading?

yes.

> It would help knowing which versions of autotools you have installed.

autoconf             2.57a-1        OK
automake             1.7.5a-1       OK

<http://www.camera.org> <http://www.iris.org.il> <http://www.memri.org/>
<http://www.mideasttruth.com/> <http://www.honestreporting.com>
The only substitute for good manners is fast reflexes.