Re: ITP: graphviz (and doxygen?)

Jörg Schaible wrote:
Hack Kampbjorn wrote on Thursday, September 25, 2003 9:04 PM:
Gareth Pearce wrote:
For reference: http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/graphviz/license/index.html http://www.research.att.com/sw/tools/graphviz/download.html

I could not find the license under OSD Approved Licenses. And it's way too longer to get an idea about it without spending several hours with a lawyer 8-( http://www.opensource.org/licenses/index.php

Not beeing a lawyer either, AT&T points out the difference to other Open
Source licenses and it remembers me strongly at Cygwin's own policy (only
that AT&T wants to have any rights on the patches). Since it compiles OOTB
anyway and you do not have to change anything and the distribution of source
is provided by Cygwin's setup, I cannot see any basic difference to other OS
licenses. To get an agreement recipiants of the package is problematic for
any license, according to German law someone must have read the license
always *before* installation to bound to it (at least this is the general
direction) ... would be quite unhandy for distributions <g>

You forget about the cygwin stub lib that is part of any cygwin executable or dll. This converts any exe or dll file we distribute under setup to be GPL unless they are under Red Hat's exemption to OpenSource software. We cannot change graphviz' license to GPL, only AT&T can (and they do if they distribute a cygwin executable 8-)

Regards, Jörg

--
Med venlig hilsen / Kind regards

Hack Kampbjørn