Re: antiword-0.34

Igor wrote about:

 http://familiehaase.de/cywgin/antiword/antiword-0.34-1-src.tar.bz2
 http://familiehaase.de/cywgin/antiword/antiword-0.34-1.tar.bz2
 http://familiehaase.de/cywgin/antiword/setup.hint

[...]

> One small problem I noticed (and this may be an upstream one) is that I'm
> getting a "Syntax error in: '0x98 #UNDEFINED'" error when viewing a Word97
> file with the cp1251.txt mapping.  The document then displays ok.
> A "grep UNDEFINED *.txt" in usr/share/antiword shows

> cp1250.txt:0x81         #UNDEFINED
> cp1250.txt:0x83         #UNDEFINED
> cp1250.txt:0x88         #UNDEFINED
> cp1250.txt:0x90         #UNDEFINED
> cp1250.txt:0x98         #UNDEFINED
> cp1251.txt:0x98         #UNDEFINED
> cp1252.txt:0x81         #UNDEFINED
> cp1252.txt:0x8D         #UNDEFINED
> cp1252.txt:0x8F         #UNDEFINED
> cp1252.txt:0x90         #UNDEFINED
> cp1252.txt:0x9D         #UNDEFINED

> I think these may need to be substituted by a meaningful character (e.g.,
> space).

Hmm, I thought about upgrading the whole package to Unicode 4.0.
Will talk about it to the author.

> Otherwise the package is good to go, IMO.
>         Igor

Hey, Daniel, there were three votes and a positive review, lets push it
on the mirrors;-)

> P.S. The script creates the distribution tarballs only, which is rather
> annoying.  Is there a particular reason you didn't want to use the
> generic-build-script?

In my opinion it is overkill for a small package when there are just
some files to compile or no compilation (e.g. perlscript help2man).
I have hacked the script to compile a package just to deliver it to
myself and then I thought, hey, why not include this little package in
the netrelease?  Usually you're right, I should use the
One-Script-Fits-All generic script and the generic readme.
And I decided to upgrade to the OSFA for the next release.

Gerrit
--
=^..^=