RE: UPDATED: mutt-1.4.1-1

> On Mon, Oct 13, 2003 at 02:17:44PM -0500, Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:
> >   Maybe a sample postinstall
> > script too.
>
> A sample postinstall script for something like this?
>
>   #!/bin/sh
>   if [ ! -f "/etc/Muttrc" ]
>   then
>     cp /etc/defaults/etc/Muttrc /etc
>   fi
>   if [ ! -f "/etc/mime.types" ]
>   then
>     cp /etc/defaults/etc/mime.types /etc
>   fi
>
> To me that's like breaking a fly on a wheel.

"breaking a fly on a..."???  ;-)  Well, yeah, but what about the "Be sure that
if you would overwrite an already present file that the user is offered the
choice of keeping their own or overwriting with your defaults." part?

> > Can we upload this one, and wait for -2 for the fancy stuff?  I can
> warn about
> > the /etc files being overwritten in the announcement.  I see and
> agree with your
> > point, but I'd hate to wait another few "mutt weeks" to get this out,
> > considering the length of a typical "mutt week" ;-).
>
> "The package is ok with me but please consider an update."
>
> So, yes, it can be uploaded.  I just fail to see what's so complicated
> with the above postinstall script that it might take weeks.

Nothing, it's just that, as the great Regis Philbin so aptly put it, "I am only
one man", and this one man is very very busy this week.

--
Gary R. Van Sickle